St. Patrick’s Day has always been a favorite holiday of mine for a few reasons:
- It’s my mom’s birthday so we always celebrate
- Green is my favorite color
- It’s now my sister’s wedding anniversary, so again we celebrate
Any way to sneak some in some festive décor to your house is always fun! And who doesn’t want a little luck of the Irish??
A Holiday like St. Patrick's Day calls for some fun festive food
And these Lucky Leprechaun Treats fit the bill for any St. Pat’s party. If you are a Rice Krispy Treats fan these treats are NEXT LEVEL! Disclaimer, my family likes our treats with more marshmallow than the norm and my littles get weird with green food so I go minimal on the green food coloring.
Lucky Leprechaun Treats recipe:
- 5 c. Lucky Charms
- 1 10 oz package marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Green Food Coloring-as desired
- Green Sprinkles-as desired
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Place Lucky Charms in a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place butter and marshmallows. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time until marshmallows are melted. Mix in green food coloring. Pour over cereal. Mix and press into prepared pan. While marshmallow mixture is still hot, sprinkle green sprinkles on top.
- Store in airtight container.
A fun activity for kids of an age is a leprechaun scavenger hunt! There's something magical about the idea of finding a pot of gold. You've got to admit - every time you see a rainbow, you wish you could reach the end and find a bit of treasure. So what could be more fun for St. Patrick's Day than to make a "pot of gold" for your kids to find, with clues left by none other than a leprechaun himself! We collaborated with Megan Kohler designs for this fun scavenger hunt to do as an easy activity for all the kids in your house.
Click here to download Leprechaun Scavenger Hunt Free Printable.